.

And by a prudent flight and cunning save A life which valour could not, from the grave. A better buckler I can soon regain, But who can get another life again? Archilochus

Monday, October 8, 2012

The Tin Man's Lament


Saw a man in the movies that didn't have a heart
How I wish I could give him mine
Then I wouldn't have to feel it breaking all apart
And this emptiness inside would suit me fine

It's times like these
I wish I were the tin man
You could hurt me all you wanted
I'd never even know
Well...I'd give anything just to be the tin man
And I wouldn't have a heart and I wouldn't need a soul
- Kenny Chesney

7 comments:

Always On Watch said...

Coinkidinky! One of my homeschool students has an excused absence from today's classes to avail himself of the opportunity to see an open-heart surgery. This young man aspires to being a cardiologist.

-FJ the Dangerous and Extreme MAGA Jew said...

Mrs. Farmer and I went and saw "Wicked" at the Hippy Dome in Baltimore... the "inspiration" for this post. ;)

Always On Watch said...

I'm not familiar with this musical.

Was the version you saw worth the hassle of going to the Baltimore Hippodrome?

-FJ the Dangerous and Extreme MAGA Jew said...

Most definitely. The lyricist was a genius.

-FJ the Dangerous and Extreme MAGA Jew said...

...and it was very reminiscent of his earlier work... Children of Eden.

Brooke said...

Nice song, and the video matches it well.

If "Wicked" ever comes back to the Aronoff in Cincinnati, I just might have to go!

-FJ the Dangerous and Extreme MAGA Jew said...

I do recommend it, despite the play's "unfortunate" ending (everyone lives "happily" ever after).