.

And by a prudent flight and cunning save A life which valour could not, from the grave. A better buckler I can soon regain, But who can get another life again? Archilochus

Friday, February 14, 2014

Shadowbox Underlays

From whence do my darkest, deepest thoughts flow...
The ones I wish no one to know.
These thoughts that lay so dormant in my mind,
Ones I never want any one to find.

From whence do they flow
And where do they go.
Is it deamon, devil, or evil un-kind,
That pops and sizzles and plays my mind?

Cast them out the Halleljah preacher would say,
Pray cleanse thy mind, for yet another day.
But the thoughts are so aborate they tickle the mind,
Are you sure it is only darkness, left behind?

From whence do my darkest, deepest thoughts flow,
Could it be the raven or maybe the crow,
That enters my mind and turns the soul cold,
Leaving me with thoughts deep, dark, and bold.

From meloncoly to quite jolly,
This dispare, is my worst folly,
How erosive they tear me apart,
Heavy the burden, weights my heart.

In my shadow box, locked away,
Never to see the light of day,
Darkness I can never let out,
Haunting me, have no dought.

So do not ask so eagerly,
About my thoughts you cannot see,
For some would cause you heart to chill,
Make you think, I was quite ill.

From whence do my darkest deepest thought flow,
Pray that I will never know,
For as dark as my thoughts do go,
Darker still from whence they flow.....
Teresa Dearing

10 comments:

WomanHonorThyself said...

Happy Valentines my friend!! Stay warm ! xoxoxo:)

-FJ the Dangerous and Extreme MAGA Jew said...

You, too Angel! :)

Jen said...

Oh I really like this. Very timely poem.

Happy Valentine's day FJ.

Here's to sunnier days ahead....

-FJ the Dangerous and Extreme MAGA Jew said...

After all the snow we've had this week, and what we're again expecting tonight, I'll gladly toast to summer!

Happy Valentines Day to your and yours!

Always On Watch said...

Mr. AOW and I are living for the big warm up that is supposed to arrive next week. Mounds upon mounds of snow need to melt!

"Now is the winter of our discontent."

Thersites said...

We didn't get the overnite snow... but it's snowing now... :(

Always On Watch said...

We had conversational snow for over 8 hours.

-FJ the Dangerous and Extreme MAGA Jew said...

Ah, is that snow that doesn't accumulate? Because that's what we had here. :)

Always On Watch said...

Yep.

We're supposed to get some more snow this afternoon, but not much -- according to the weatherman.

There was a red sunrise this morning, but it wasn't blood red.

-FJ the Dangerous and Extreme MAGA Jew said...

Red sky at morning... :(