.

And by a prudent flight and cunning save A life which valour could not, from the grave. A better buckler I can soon regain, But who can get another life again? Archilochus

Saturday, June 14, 2014

Flashback to 1970

How many dawns
have I greeted?
How many more
Remain for me?
Why do I feel
the seasons
so plainly
at this hour?
The tingle
of colder air
brings with it,
a haunted mood
and half memories
of what used to be.
Waking up to
winter morns,
a child raised
on a farm.
The smell of biscuits
cooking, steam
from hot oatmeal.
I don’t remember
aching or dreaming
of you. Just the
innocence of youth.
The innocence of youth.
- Emma Beverage

2 comments:

WomanHonorThyself said...

wow some flashback FJ! HAPPY DAD'S DAY TO THE special men in our lives my friend!..hugssssssssss xoxoxox

-FJ the Dangerous and Extreme MAGA Jew said...

Thanks, Angel. And the very to best to you and yours!